Our client is an animal nutrition company. They develop and produce feed additives, premixes and services for healthy and profitable animals. Their solutions cover mycotoxin risk management and natural growth promotion for swine, poultry, ruminants and aquaculture.
Hierarchy level: Senior Director
Reporting To: DPO
Location: First in Wuxi, China
Thereafter, move to international role
The Change Manager will play a key role in ensuring projects (change initiatives) meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage. This person will focus on the people side of change – including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance. The Change Manager will work to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization and greater proficiency of the changes that impact employees in the organization to increase benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes.
While the Change Manager does not have supervisory responsibility, this person will have to work through many others in the organization to succeed. The Change Manager will act as a coach for senior leaders and executives in helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor. The Change Manager may also provide direct support and coaching to frontline managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish the organization’s change management strategies and policies with reference to appropriate frameworks, industry best practices and business requirements to support critical changes.
- Determine key performance benchmarks and change success indicators.
- Maintain business perspectives on how change initiatives are integrated into the business, considering potential impact on business cycles, stakeholders and operations.
- Design strategic implementation plans, covering all business activities, key personnel and resources required to prepare the organization for change.
- Outline key stakeholder engagement messages to be communicated throughout the change processes to generate shared commitment to and ownership of the change.
- Ensure that the required internal and external resources are acquired, in place, and of sufficient quantity and quality to facilitate the change effectively.
- Guide development of change management strategies in accordance with organizational culture, taking into consideration interests of relevant stakeholders.
- Build an environment ready for change management programmes.
- Consult, coach and train local teams.
- Direct the management and authorize ownership of multiple complex projects to ensure alignment with strategic business priorities.
- Align project objectives and scope with strategic business priorities and direction.
- Direct an organization wide project risk management plan and strategy.
- Determine project budgets, considering their relative priority, urgency, importance and contribution to the business strategy.
- Set guidelines for the strategic utilization of resources to ensure that resources are optimized to meet key objectives.
- Maintain a strategic view over the synergy of projects and project interdependencies.
- Review performance on projects against their objectives and wider business objectives, and provide redirection where necessary.
- Over 20 years of professional experience of which at least 10 years of experience as a senior position
- Track record in demonstrating a high level of personal initiative, strong work ethic and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Solid experience in a production / manufacturing environment, experience in feed additives industry as a plus
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Asian languages (ideally Chinese) as a plus
- Prior work experience in China as a plus
- Willingness to relocate to China for 6-12 months
- Relevant technical background as a plus
KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCY REQUIRED
- Strong project management skills
- Experience and knowledge in change management principles, methodologies and frameworks
- Determine key performance benchmarks and change success indicators
- Knowledge of industry best practices in change management
- Create components and steps to design effective change implementation plans
- Critical stakeholder engagement
- Leadership skillset in change management processes
- Drivers of implementing and sustaining change in the organization
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- Business priorities and impact on projects
- Project risk management plan development, including methods, techniques and tools
- Project assessment, evaluation and prioritization
- Budget planning, key considerations and implications
- Familiar with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Resource management strategies
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Work effectively and communicate with all levels / cross-functional teams within the organization
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent active listening skills and understanding of cultural sensitivities
- Able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Proactive, positive and able to work independently and as a team
- Maintain professionalism and comply with legal and industry codes of practices and standards relating to the nature of the job